Friday 7 May 2010

What is "Kaleidoscope English"?

The word "kaleidoscope" comes from Greek and means "observer of beautiful forms". As a teacher of English, I strongly believe learning a language goes beyond the mere systematization of rules and grammar. It is through language that we can explore and learn about ideas, people and traditions.
Besides, this was the name of my first book when I started learning English as a child, and that's another reason why this name is particularly meaningful for me.
Why would I like it to be meaningful for you? In this blog, I'd like to share material that you can use to be in touch with English.
I hope you can view a wide range of colours through this little hole I've made in the huge Internet world.

La palabra "Kaleidoscopio" viene del griego y significa "el que observa formas hermosas".Como docente, creo firmemente que el aprendizaje de un lengua va más allá de la mera sistematización de reglas y gramática. Es a través del lenguaje que podemos explorar y aprender acerca de nuevas ideas, gente, y tradiciones.
Además, este era el nombre de mi primer libro cuando empecé a aprender inglés de chica y esa es otra razón por la cual este nombre es particularmente significativo para mi.
¿Por qué me gustaría que fuera significativo para vos? En este blog, quisiera compartir material que podés usar para seguir en contacto con inglés.
Espero que puedas ver una amplia gama de colores a través de este agujerito que hice en el gran mundo de Internet.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Silvina, ESPECTACULAR tu blog, muchas gracias por compartirlo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Moira!! Hope you find it useful!

    ReplyDelete