Tuesday 11 May 2010

Benjamin Zephaniah


Who said that only advanced students could read poetry?
Read this poem by English writer Benjamin Zephaniah:



Who's who? (from Talking Turkeys)

I used to think nurses Were women,
I used to think police
Were men,
I used to think poets
Were boring,
Until I became one of them.

Do you know that this talented man had dyslexia, so he couldn't learn to read and write while he was at school? A really inspiring story.

More about him at:

http://www.benjaminzephaniah.com/content/biography.php



2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem! I didn't know him, but after reading about him and his works, i think I'll go find some of his books, especially 'Talking Turkeys'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Illya! Beautiful poem, and beautiful blog as well. I was caught by the name of the blog and I can see the blog matches very well with it.

    ReplyDelete